Tuesday, July 22, 2008

(Tom Moulton, left, and Brendan Fay, right, visiting the Polish parliament in the spring to advocate for gay love and marriage.)

Brendan Fay, Global Gay Activist, is Ailing

My beautiful trouble-making friend is in pain, and that causes me much grief. I couldn't get through reading this message last night from Brendan's wonderful partner Tom Moulton without shedding a few tears of empathy for my queer brothers. Since Tom is asking friends to share this note, I'm doing my part to keep Brendan's colleagues around the world informed about our dear friend's condition.

Hey, Brendan, my prayers are going out for you, good buddy. Take care of yourself.

This is Tom's update:

Hello everyone,

Just got home from visiting Brendan. He was in much better spirits tonight and not a whole lot of pain getting back to bed from the chair. He had some visitors tonight as well. Someone mentioned that I forgot to tell everyone that he did not need to have the partial hip replacement at this time. He has a rod and several pins in. He
had a rough night last night and was tired today.

Although he likes to have your calls, he did unplug his phone so he could get some rest today. So, for those of you who tried to get a hold of him but were unable, that's probably the reason. It looks like he'll have a better night tonight, so calling in the afternoon tomorrow should be OK.

We are still looking for him to go to a rehab hospital on Wed. or Thurs. So far we are looking into Rusk, in Manhattan (to make it easier for people to visit if they want) or Burke, which is very good, but up in Westchester. It will all depend on bed availability.

Thanks for all you prayers and support. Brendan has some flowers already and he thanks those that send, but would prefer if any further wishes for flowers would go for a charity of your choice. A card would be nice.

I have not been able to email everyone - his address book is just too huge and I've been too tired to go through it all, so please pass the word along.

Tom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But what is with mr. Fay? It;s something realy serious? Can you say something about it?

Unknown said...

All I know is what Tom said in his message. I believe it is not serious, or really serious, only because Tom said Brendan has people visiting him. My thinking is that if Brendan can see people, he is basically okay. But still say prayers for him.