Thursday, March 26, 2009


Video of Jamaican Tranny-Bashing

Remember my earlier post about the April 2007 bashing of a Jamaican transgender person, a brutal and bloody attack that was photographed and reported by the local media? Well, since writing that post I've learned through PamsHouseBlend.com site, that someone shot video footage of the attack.

Terrance in DC, who operates the RepublicofT.com site, took the footage and wove it around photos of lynchings of black men in America, creating a disturbing and violent montage of hatred. BTW, Terrance proclaims he's black, gay, a Buddhist, has kids, is liberal and a vegetarian. Sounds like quite a guy and I hope one day to meet him.

The three-minute video turned my stomach. Absolutely ALL of the photos and video images serve to remind us much education and change is needed to overcome racial and homophobic hatred.

Thank you, Terrance, for making the video and drawing links between the American lynchings and a Jamaican transgender man publicly brutalized.

Here's the video:


1 comment:

Italiana82 said...

I just saw it with my own eyes, but still hard to believe