Sunday, January 03, 2010

Robert Hilferty Memorial Celebration;
01/06 at NYC's Le Poisson Rogue

An announcement from Fabio Tablini, the surviving partner of gay/AIDS advocate, filmmaker and cultural critic Robert Hilferty, who died in July 2009, is circulating today on the web, inviting one and all to a celebration of our friend Robert's life in a few days.

I can't physically be there, but I'm going to participate by sharing the announcement and will also write up a short remembrance that I'll send to Fabio, asking that it be read at the service. Or if there's a wall of remembrance, I'd like my note printed and taped to it.

Robert was part of my gay family in the dark and deadly times of the 1980s, when we were members of ACT UP. Like with practically all of the angry and beautiful people who banded together as street activists to change a small part of the world through ACT UP, Robert was a light of hope and love. He is missed.

If you're in the New York City area on Wednesday, stop by Le Poisson Rouge and commemorate Robert's life and times. Here's the info:

No comments: