Wednesday, June 13, 2012

'Milk's' Dustin Black Donates 
to SF Global LGBT Pride Video

(The Oscar-winner for the "Milk" screenplay with yours truly. Credit: Danny Nicoletta.)

On Sunday morning, I schlepped up to the Human Rights Campaign store on Castro Street to schmooze with the new executive director Chad Griffin and before I could do that, his good buddy Dustin Lance Black approached me with a smile and a hug.

Dustin was the first person that day, and certainly not the last, to suggest in a friendly manner, that I wait until Chad officially starts his new job before getting all demanding and lodging complaints. (Pushy me, wait to kvetch? Not in my gay DNA!)

I told Dustin about the San Francisco Global LGBT Pride Video in the works with Gays Without Borders, and asked him to contribute to the project. After reviewing the proposal, he agreed to chip in some money and today he gave $100, along with this quote: I am a big supporter of taking our movement's ideals international. Thank you for doing it.

The SF Global LGBT Pride Video, which will be taped on Thursday, June 21 at Harvey Milk Plaza starting at 4 p.m., is now only using RocketHub as our crowd funding mechanism.If you're in town on that date, come join the taping.

Please follow Dustin's great example and contribute some bucks - small or large - to the video project via our RocketHub page. All contributions are much appreciated.

No comments: