Monday, September 07, 2015

Stomach Surgery Tomorrow & All-Liquid HIV Meds

After 15-months of consultations with various health care experts at the University of California, San Francisco, about my weight problem and its impact on my immune system, I check in tomorrow, Tuesday, September 8th, for stomach by-pass surgery.

I've been on a liquid-only diet for 14-days and an all-liquid regimen with my HIV and other medicines for 4-days, in preparation for the operation. All in all, it's not been that bad not having any solid foods and the liquid or crushed drugs mixed with water is time-consuming, I've lost more than 12-pounds and feel good enough.

For 2-weeks post-surgery, I'll still be allowed only liquid food and for a few months, maybe longer, taking water-soluble drugs and vitamins while recovering and getting used to my new normal.

Mike has been his usual angelic self, keeping me steady and focused on maintaining wellness both physically and mentally. What a blessing to have Mike as my husband, sharing all my medical craziness with me and finding humor in the situation.

I'll be at UCSF Parnassus from Tuesday through Thursday, if all goes well as the doctors and nurses expect. Since I don't have a smartphone or web-access device, I'll be offline for a few days which I think will be of great assistance for my healing.

Here's a photo Mike snapped in our kitchen with a few of the measuring devices and AIDS drugs in liquid or powder form. Permit and forgive me for saying this, but I have gut feeling this surgery will be of tremendous benefit to my health and give me a longer life.

All prayers and best wishes are most welcome, and you'll hear from me at the end of the week!


No comments: