Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Primary Election Day & Measuring the Drapes 


I'm a San Francisco voter who prefers to vote on election day at my ever-changing polling station in our rapidly gentrifying Mission neighborhood. My hubby Mike votes by-mail and within days after receiving his absentee-ballot.

Not many folks were casting ballots when I wrote-in my name for California state senate District 11 seat, but I expect a robust City turnout before the polls close at 8 pm.

After voting for myself and Bernie Sanders for president, I marked my ballot for the following folks running for seats on the local Democratic County Central Committee: Tom Ammiano, Petra DeJesus, Bevan Dufty, Pratima Gupta, Frances Hsieh, Sophie Maxwell and Cindy Wu.

I also voted no on Prop B, which would give the terribly-run San Francisco Rec and Parks Department more money to squander as it privatizes more of our dwindling public spaces.

As I wait for the results to come in, it seemed a good time to measure the drapes at home, just in case I'll be needing them in Sacramento!

Have you voted yet?

No comments: