Friday, July 01, 2016

Post-Op Report: Surgery Went Well: Living With Poz Face

Many thanks to everyone for the love and get-well wishes, and my HIV poz cohorts who've had plastic surgery are living well with poz face and gave me good advice.

The facial fill surgery went well yesterday. Had a great team, headed by Dr. Jason Pomerantz, up at the UCSF Parnassus campus.

After surgery and coming back to normal, I talked to my nurses about Liza Minnelli and sang a bit of "Cabaret" for them. This helped me get my bearings and engage in healing laughter.

Finally, a huge smile and lotta hugs for hubby Mike who has been his usual terrific self during this medical episode. We're still alive here, surviving and thriving together!

1 comment:

vcdiva said...

You are looking good! Your doctor is cute! You and Big Mike have a beautiful and safe 4th!mπŸ’‹❤️😍πŸ”₯⭐️πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ™